Thursday, September 21, 2006

Men More Intelligent than Women?



According to a study, featured here, men's IQs are almost four points higher than women's. The top researcher John Philippe Rushton "says the finding could explain why so few women make it to the top in the workplace." I am sure that Larry Summers would have loved to use this study as support, before he was ousted from his presidency at Harvard. I have always thought girls seemed to be a little bit smarter, but some of that perception is probably based upon the fact that girls mature before men. I would be interested to see what further studies say about inter-sex intelligence. I would tend to doubt there would be much of a difference either way, but heck, who knows.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that men are a bit smarter than women, but I doubt it's a genetic issue or anything like that. I would say it's probably more related to societal influences. Women are, in general, more likely to run the household, which doesn't necessarily involve a ton of academic brain power. Men, on the other hand, are meant to be the providers and have the big jobs, which calls for them to use their academic intelligence on a more day-to-day basis.