Wednesday, September 27, 2006

NYC Health Department Proposes Ban on Trans Fats


Here's the article, folks.

Incredible...that's all I have to say. First it is the smoking, which I am slowly coming getting used to. Now, the big guys want to put restrictions on what we eat. Come on. I understand restrictions on drugs, but to carry the argument further, that ingesting trans fat is harmful and dangerous - that makes me mad. Don't let me be misunderstood...I do realize the harm in eating transfat, but that is a personal choice of the consumer. It is not the city of New York's position to set a decree making all of its citizens only eat healthy food. I hate it. Government interference with the oridnary man, I tell you, and its nothing but trouble.

And since we're on the topic, if you were wondering how fat you're state is, check this out:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't read the article, so depending on what's in the proposed ban (which is probably in the article...), it might not be such a bad thing. What's wrong with eating food that has no trans fats in it? If it tastes the same and everyone can still get their fried foods and stuff, who cares if it was fried in Trans Fat Free oil or not?

Anonymous said...

One more reason why Colorado rocks my face seven ways to Sunday. Anyone want to see my six pack?