Wednesday, December 21, 2005

NYC Transit Strike



Let me begin my admitting, I don't know a whole lot about this, as I have never lived in New York, and only visited a couple times. That being said, this strike, strikes me as being rather ridiculous. (pardon the abundant alliteration) What TWU is asking for, in retirement benefits, seems unreasonable, and they are demonstrating an amazing inability to compromise. As a result, getting to work is incredibly difficult for people, and the city is losing hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue.

- Here is a Guide to Commuting, using Google Maps. (note: its through the New York Times, so a subsciption may be necessary)

- Also, this is a very cool site - another Google Maps application - that has live video of NYC using their traffic cameras. This is pretty neat.

0 comments: